Elder Law focuses on the unique challenges, rights and responsibilities of aged people and their loved ones.
There are a wide range of laws in place to protect ageing individuals, their property and wealth.
Navigating this complex area can seem overwhelming at times, which is why it’s important to find a legal professional with experience in this area.
Solicitors with Elder Law expertise can provide advice and assistance in the following areas:
- aged care accommodation options
- retirement villages
- aged care facilities
- retirement planning
- estate planning
- enduring powers of attorney
- substitute decision-making
- advanced health directives
- aged pensions
- accommodation bonds
- tribunal hearings
- diminished or diminishing capacity
- end-of-life legal decision-making processes
- superannuation and trusts
- redemption of life insurance policies and pensions
- property law.
For more information on Elder Care issues read the rest of this article, as well as our other recent LinkedIn posts here.
For Elder Care advice, or to obtain a high quality Will and Estate Plan, contact Gill & Lane Solicitors at Sandgate via GregL@gillandlane.com.au, or 3269 8111, for a no obligation consultation.